Attempts to hack into retailers’ networks will likely increase throughout the year. As a retailer you face a variety of challenges when trying to keep customer information secure. If you fail to do so, severe consequences will follow, including:
- Negative publicity,
- Lost customer confidence,
- Lawsuits, and
In today’s security-conscious world, it’s more important than ever to implement security measures to protect your information:
- Adhere to regulations and business standards including the Payment Card Industry Standards (PCI DSS) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
- Protect financial information from hackers who may interrupt services or identity theft.
- Ensure technical security measures are in place to prevent data or file theft.
- Find a safe way to share sensitive data with other corporate locations, partners, and service providers.
As a retailer, you must ensure the confidentiality of sensitive data. But you must also ensure authorized users can access data as needed. Information technology can help you control access to sensitive electronic information.
However, information security can be difficult to maintain because systems must be updated, processed, and reviewed on a regular basis, including:
- Wireless spoofing.
- Viruses, spyware, and other cyber attacks.
- Credit card theft by hackers and employees.
- Insecure stores providing easy entry into corporate networks,
- Data loss or theft from unsecure mobile devices,
- Applications running under a shared, privileged account,
With security threats on the rise, you must take action to improve your information security and protect your business.
Looking for an IT provider to ensure your customers’ information remains confidential? Give us a call at (415) 963-9900 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss information security. We can help you implement the proper security measures to protect your business, staff, and customers.